background

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Playing with new embellies from Scrapbook Expo




Saturday I went to the Scrapbook Expo, in St. Charles IL, with 2 friends. Lots of great things to see and crowded! So many stores have closed in our area and local scrapers have limited shoportunities.
By the end of the shopping spree, I had too much to carry, had spent too much money and wanted to scrap! So I got home and pulled out my Sizzix Harlequin embossing plate. I got it from SU as part of a set of plates, and hated it at first. But, I don't like to spend money for nothing. So, I thought on it a while and realized that it reminded me of my mother-in-laws leather sofa, and an ideas was born. But how do I find a small enough embelly for the pattern? Well Want2scrap had some pearl bling that I knew would look elegant with cream card stock. I originally wanted to use only cream and black, but thought it looked like a sympathy card, so I added red. I could not afford to use the pearls in every diamond corner, so I used my anywhere punch and placed red card stock below. I also used the pearls in the center of my flowers.
Here is my supply list: DCWV red card stock, CTMH cream card stock, want2 scrap pearls, Bazzil Collection Raven Rub-ons and Rhinestone by Imaginsce, glittered brads from a swap, liquid glass CTMH, ribbon from Michaels, plastic flowers are Queen and Co., sentiment is from CTMH "For Every Occassion" set, and marquee is Storybook cartridge from Cricut. I will try this embossing plate again with liquid glass to make an elegant look on the cheap!
One last picture of a find all three of us bought, a dauber organizer. It was only $5.50, or filled with white daubers $40.00. Of course, I couldn't justify $40.00 on daubers and an organizer, so I just got the case. The vendor who sold them was out of CA and did not list this on their site. Just love to use daubers! But for those of you who have discovered daubers, they cost less than a $1.00 a piece sold as a set.

3 comments:

  1. A cheap way to make more daubers is to use the old fashoined clothspins (the kind with the round top) ant put a bit of cotton ball on top then a peice of white craft foam and secure it with a rubber band, tou can store them clipped to a tin and use the tin itself for storage as I do or of you want ones the same size as the daubers you already have use a dowel instaed of the clothspins cut the length you want. They work great and they are practicly free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to love my daubers. I sure would like to get one of these.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails