background

Monday, August 31, 2009

Stained glass with a transparency & alcohol inks

Well, I finished both a page and card using the cut file from George and Indie Art. I still would have liked the one created with the Christmas file, but it will wait for another day, when I can afford the Christmas Noel cart. Or, perhaps I will overcome my Inkscape learning disability and I will get it done then.
Once I cut the black cardstock, I tried using colored cardstock and hated it! Here is a picture.
Very Mondrian, but not what I wanted or liked. So, I set it aside and spent the day in the sun with the boys. Then it hit me! I had some alcohol inks in my stash from Archivers. I could use those with a transparency sheet and try and get a stained glass look.




I backed the transparency with white paper before mounting it to the front of the card and the page, so that the stained glass look would show up.
The sympathy card is for a German friend and I am so thankful I had just created this file when I got the call. I think I would use this look again, for a sympathy card, a 1st communion, wedding, or other religious occasion.
Cut file here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Sep. 03, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails