background

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wordbook Tips





Working on a new word book today, and thought I would share some tips for making them.
1) Use the Deep Cut housing and blade to cut your chipboard. I recently lost my chipboard source, and so have been saving cereal boxes.
2) Use a fresh mat for cutting your chipboard
3) Be sure when you are ready to cut that you have all your cartridges in the Jukebox! If you get an error message to add a cartridge, it will cut your shape, but items will not be welded! I use an abbreviation of the cartridge name in the name of all my cut files, so I don't forget next time I cut. For example, Minialbum_GB_AE uses George Basic Shapes and Accent Essentials.
4) To cut paper to glue on the back of your minibook page, simply place your printed paper on the mat with the printed side down and cut. You won't have to flip your image on the screen!
5) Find the rings to hold your album together cheap at your local hardware store.
6) Use your Pampered Chef brown scraper to smooth your paper when gluing.
Here's an album I made for a baby shower my friend held.
7) Use a coordinating paper kit for instant color matching, here I used a Creative Memories baby kit, and added a few sheets of my own.
8) Don't forget the details, get a professional looking book by inking your cut items before you glue them down.
Notice that I used a pocket from Tags, Bags Boxes and More for storing a list of gifts baby received and from whom. Other cartridges I used in this mini album are George Basic Shapes, Base Camp, and New Arrivals.

5 comments:

  1. Do you want me to save cereal boxes for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Word Art(s), Word Book(s) post on Aug. 13, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that you can tape the chiboard to an older mat too to keep it in place as well;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got your message. I can see that the comment is wrong. Thanks for letting me know. It was published in another blog: cricutFreebies.blogspot.com
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I forgot the blinkie question. Blinkies helps spread the word on the other blog. If you need more help, please contact me by email (creativebusyhands@gmail.com) and I will gladly help you. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails