background

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Back Pack Cut file for storing report cards SCAL 2 version



Just around the time I started my blog, I downloaded a file from the Cricut Message board to cut a paper back pack. This was created by an artist named Nancy. I love the detail she put into this bag, including the front pocket and the straps. It is one of my all time top five favorite cut files. If you like Nancy's work please visit her blog here and request the file. I used Nancy's file above to make end of year teacher appreciation gifts. Please note, I am not sharing the file above, just showing you how it inspired me! See my file below.

So, I thought on it a while and figured out a way to put her idea on my scrapbook pages. I knew I wanted to use it in my children's school albums, to store their report cards. I tried to make my first version with the DS, but kept getting the Red X error message. The first time in three years, but it lead me to my SCAL 2 again. I am very happy with my results and will share the files. Here are the photos of my version for a scrapbook page.
It is made from two cut files, the first has the back pack and the pocket flap. The second is the flap for the back pack and the pocket. I made the bottom wider, to make it look more back pack like. Here are some tips if you use my file:
1) Score the lines where I made the tabs parallele to the edges and then one quarter inch away, closer to the raw edge. This will give you a very generous gluing area.
2) Use a heavy duty tape like Terrifically Tacky Tape by PC.
3) Place some pop dots in the corners of the bag to keep it from flattening in your album, or use foam tape along the inside sides.
4) To help the flaps lay closed, place a self adhesive velcro dot under both flaps.<
5) Check back for my next post with tips on how I use foam board strips in the spine of my scrapbook, to accommodate this page in top loading albums.
The paper is Cloud Nine and the brass embellishment on the flap is Stampin' Up. You will need SCAL 2 for this cut file. Here is the link for Base and pocket flap
Here is the link for the pocket and the flap of the back pack

7 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I love it.You did a great job.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 04 Nov [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 05 Nov [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...This is ADORABLE!!!! I love IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare that looks FABULOUS ma'am!!! Wonderful wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. now how stinkin' cute is this?...too bad i don't have the other software...or i'd be making tons of these!...

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! thank you so verrrrryyy much!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails