background

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Tree Cut file to use with Legos to share


A while back Capadia Designs had a post on a Japanese company that is offering punches to work with Legos. I was so excited, and tried to see if we can purchase here in US. No luck yet, but I have children who love legos. So today we tried it make a Christmas tree with our Cricut. Of course, I made the mistake of creating the cut file while the boys played and by the time I got the holes correct on the big block pieces, they had moved on to another toy. So, here are my tips. If you want to make your own hole cut file, the holes on the 2 x 2 block work well on that block only. As I copied mine using the same placement for the 4 x 4 block and the 6 x 6 blocks, the spacing became too big and I spent lots of time, trying to get this to a workable cut file. It is still not perfect, however, it is good enough for my 5 and 10 years olds. Check out our results and if you like this imperfect cut file, find it here.
You will need George Basic Shapes for this one. Please leave me a post of encouragement if you download. Let me see your tree with a picture on the Cricut message boards. I think this would look great with white puff paint, bling, buttons, eyelets and more. I think I know what me and the boys will be doing for snow day crafts this year! Lego Cricut creations!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Dec. 08, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this. My kids love Legos. I might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails