background

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm Puttin on Some Fancy Pants Designs!


So, I saw on Facebook that Fancy Pants Designs had a call for new design team members. I love Fancy Pants and would love to be a designer for them. So, I finished up an Etsy order and pulled out the paper and stamps. Here are two pages I submitted that I was very happy with. Both the patterned papers are Fancy Pants and the stamps in the corner of the blue page are Fancy Pants. I also used the flower stamps from Fancy pants for the center of the two layered pink flowers and the journaling block.


On a side note I have realized that it is time to reorganize the craft room. I struggled to find any current Fancy Pants in all of my paper collections. I can't get it locally and hate to pay for shipping. Plus, I wanted to make the deadline that FP set. So, I made due with some older Fancy Pants. And isn't it still the bomb?! Fancy Pants always has timeless items, that you can use and still look fashionable in! Of course, it helps that I had this beautiful picture of my niece! She lives in the Slovak Republic with her parents(my brother and his wife) and sister. Sometimes, I only get to see them on Facebook, those are the moments I am so thankful for Facebook! I could not get over how grown up she is! I kept singing the song from Fiddler on the Roof while making this page, "When did she grow to be a beauty?"
Supplies:
Fancy Pants "In My Words Stamps" Journaling Block
Fancy Pants paper brown paisley, and
Fancy Pants teal floral geometric Fancy Free Collection "Newfangled"
Solid Motled Brown in frame and stripe Fancy Free Collections "Adorned"
Fancy Pants stamps swirl in the corners of blue page
Martha Stewart Loop Punch
Mrs. Grossman sticker zigzag
Stampin Up Harlequin Plate (for detail inside frame)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Bottle and Denim
Turquoise Stickles
Cricut Storybook Cartridge and Gypsy for brown frame
Cricut Home Decor Cartridge for Pink Frame
Gala Glitz Romance (Pink glitter on frame and flowers)
CTMH Free Spirit Stamp around picture
Paper flowers are stamped with Fancy Pants and some are from Costco kit
Buttons are Papertrey Ink

Then tonight, while straightening my scrap space, I came across a stash of more Fancy Pants! Of course, the submission has already been emailed! I keep two other lines in their own container, now Fancy Pants is getting it's own space too!
I love the paper flowers in the pink and brown page! They came from an album kit my sister got me at Costco. I am almost out and was looking at them wondering, "What do I love about these flowers?" Then it hit me...scalloped petals! Oh, I feel a cut file coming on ladies! You know I can't resist putting scallops on anything, so check back soon!

4 comments:

  1. Did you notice, this is my First Holy Communion picture?! I know, they made all the girls where some color the year I made my 1st communion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for becoming a follower - I changed the font and made it darker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applied for the Fancy Pants DT, too! Good luck! Love your layouts.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails