background

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger


Did you see this week's Tuesday's Trigger at Moxie Fab World? Love it! This is not my color pallet of choice but it was so beautiful. I wanted to play along, but needed a push. So, when I received my sisters Christmas card I found my inspiration.


Some other things that inspired me were my Paper Crafts Magazine. They had an Ask the Experts segment on using white space. This is NOT my mode of operation! I am a space filler! Must be my large family upbringing! I am more comfortable with embellishments filling my empty space. But I think white space well done is beautiful! I think that is why I love Moxie Fab World, they has an impeccable sense of design and understand less is more!

And my final inspiration was the new rhinestone feature in SCAL2. Love it! I pulled up a swirly circle someone shared in SCAL community a while ago that I loved and added the rhinestones via the Object menu. So easy! I then loaded my Chomas pen holder with a pink pen and "cut" with the pen. I used the rhinestones I had and when I ran out filled the circles with my Stickles. This technique is a great LOOK for LESS!!! I tried to finish each swirl in one color and repeat each color at least once, so the whole swirl looked planned. Try using a few larger rhinestones in the middle of your swirls for a expensive designer look too! You know they say necessity is the mother of invention, I think it is the mother of beautiful art as well!

2 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute!!! Thanks for sharing with me! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Clare! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails