background

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Upgrade Your Chipboard




Been playing with my stash lately, trying to use my chipboard and bead supplies. When chipboard was big I invested in some and it has sat in the stash every since. Just not really sure what to do with it. Someone had a post on Facebook about covering their chipboard with beads and it seemed the perfect solution. So, I got out the chipboard, the acrylic paint, some liquid glass and some beads and got to work.
To get this look I have found it is easiest to use a liquid glue. Hot glue was unforgiving and hardened too quickly for me. I also, pre-strung my 2mm beads before trying to adhere them. This will save you a lot of heart ache and frustration. Now you may be saying you don't have time, but I have found that like crocheting, string beads is soothing to me. I also love something to do when I am watching TV and it is American Idol season! As you work around a detailed shape, clip your thread at corners and points and start gluing the next line separately and can get into those tight spots easier. I think this would look great embellished with some rolled roses and hand made flowers! I can't wait to get a working die cutting machine again! Don't have time to make your own and love the look? Find them at my Etsy store here.

2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful Clare!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, how are you feeling, I have checked in on you since the diabetes bloghop a couple weeks ago. Love the new way to use chipboard. Thanks for the idea. I too like the liquid glazes for beads. Take care! Lisa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails