background

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1st Day of My Lent Journaling


Well, I am off to a good start on my lent journal day one. I found some quiet time after the boys were at school. I am finding some empherma in my Church bulletin and online. I look at my page and think it is lacking artistically, but this is not about the perfect page for me. It's about making a season of meaning and being accountable by journaling it all.
Yesterday, we celebrated with Punchkies. A Polish tradition of eating jelly filled donuts the day before Lent starts. So, we started Try it Tuesday a day early and the boys loved the donut, but not the jelly filling! We talked about what they would give up and they both chose the Wii. My seven year old was wavering my 7:00am this morning and thinking of changing his mind already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails