background

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Babies First Scrapbook with Cricut Imagine!






















Just finished making a baby scrapbook for my son's teacher's baby and had to share it! I was so excited to try printing on fabric with my Cricut Imagine! I used the Imagine More Card cartridges along with Songbird (babies name on front cover). Below are more details.


I started by ironing heat and bond to the back of some cotton canvas fabric. I then adhered the paper back of the heat and bond to my Cricut mat with the fabric face up. I used white blocks to fill the dead space and then the font from Song bird to write the babies name: Esme. I filled it with the pink from Imagine More Art to match the images in the next step.


Once that was printed, I pieced some scrap calicos together for the back of the cover and fused some batting to that. I sewed the front cover, and pieced calicos with right sides together in a square, leaving an opening to turn it right side out. I clipped excess fabric in the corners and turned it right side out. To highlight my Imagine More image, I zig zagged around it. Because the heat and bond, the machine skipped some zig zags, but I love the look. I also stitched "look" and and wrote "in."


For the inside pages, I used a Close to My Heat 6" page protector, and cut the back side off of the page protector, to make it safer for the baby. I would like to add here, that babies should never be left alone with albums with page protectors!!! These were then sewn to the quilted pages. I added some tabs also printed on canvas using my Imagine.


The heart image on the back cover was also from Imagine More Cards, and I trimmed the edge with my pinking shears and zig zagged it one. To bind the album, I knew buttons, grommets, etc were choking hazards, so I purchased a toy for dangling on the car seat and threaded it through button holes in the covers and pages. The pink bird on it so so sweet and their is a gentle bell in the toy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails