background

Monday, July 11, 2011

Crazy About Cricut Red, White & Blue Challenge



Today I am posting a card for the Crazy About Cricut Thankful Thursday, Red White and Blue challenge. I used my Beyond Birthday's Cartridge with my Cricut Imagine on the print only mode and punched a small star using a paper punch to embellish it. I used some of The Robin's Nest Red Stripe paper and a My Favorite Things: Pure Innocence Stamp called Flower Girl. The original stamp has hearts on the clothes and NO hat, but I wanted it to look more patriotic and thought her outfit looked just like the Naval outfit. So a few paper punched stars and a doodled hat and she looks ready for duty! I also cut the flag using the Cricut Martha Stewart All Occasion Cake cartridge and doodled the stripes. I punched a single star from the paper and added it to the flag, and placed the flag over the Flower Girl flower and suddenly, she is all American! I added a bit of ribbon tied to a paper clip and matted my flag on navy card stock. Her skin is colored with Copic markers.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! The design of the card is perfect! I love that striped paper and the way you added the box with sentiment to the corner! The image is so cute too! Thanks for playing along with us at Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails