background

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Great Looks for Less with The Robin's Nest!























































































I pulled out my salad packaging again today and made two great looks for less with The Robin's Nest Dew Drops and Rub ons! I started with a flower using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals (see photos above for flower). I cut two of the larger flower and one of the medium size flowers all from the lid from my salad packaging (see photos for pieces before assembly)!










I used Tim Holtz alcohol ink Raspberry on the edges and Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest Summer (center) and Fr Mowed Grass(outer circle in center of flower). I love this look and it is so inexpensive it can be used for cards too! Be sure to gently fold the edges of the petals and the petals before you add your alcohol inks!
Now, I used The Robin's Nest Dragonfly rub ons on the same packaging and cut around it with my scissors. I bent up the wings and then used a dries clear glue (very lightly) on the dragon fly wings and some Art Glitter Ultrafine Transparent Spring Creek glitter on the wings. Be sure to bend first so you don't knock off the glitter and use a transparent glitter to allow your rubon to show through. I love how this iridescent look on dragonflies, just like Mother Nature!
I used the Robin's Nest Glitter Chipboard in pink for more flowers, again cut with Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. The edges were distressed with purple ink. Also used are The Robin's Princess Chipboard (castle) and Priness Word (Pricess in Training title), the journaling block is The Robin's Nest and actually from a boy product! The background paper is The Robin's Nest Fleur Tropicana. I think I just may use every color of this Fleur this year, I love it so much!






I sprinkled more The Robin's Nest Dew drops in the center of paper Prima Flowers. What a great way to glam up these paper posies! A few buttons and tiny dragonfly rubons added and the page is finished.






Supply List












The Robin's Nest Dew Drops in Summer, Fr Mowed Grass, and Lovebirds

























Art Glitter 207 Spring Creek Ultrafine Transparent Glitter






Tim Holtz Tattered Forals die










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails