background

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Make Organizing Fun & Fabulous!










My creative mind often struggles to organize paperwork, closets and drawers! So, one of the tricks I use to get it done, is to make it fun and fabulous! My boys are back to school, so I have started my fall organizing chores around the house: yes, closets! To reward myself for going through a closet, I am also organizing in my craft room. Today, I am sharing how I am organizing my inspiration magazines, photos, and clippings.

I started with an old Franklin Quest planner storage binder. These were used before I had my children to store my planners from previous years. When, I graduated to a smaller planner, I saved the binders knowing I would alter them one day. They look fabulous with The Robin's Nest Great Catch Glitter Getaway Swirl Linen paper! So, I cut the paper to fit the cover and modge podged it to the binder and allowed it to dry. Using Modge Podge over the glittered paper is a great way to keep the glitter from coming off the paper when it is not covered by a page protector! I then cut The Robin's Nest Dark Distressed Red Paper for my letters in my title, using the Cricut Elegant Cake Cartridge. The frame with the title inside is cut with the Cricut Reminisce Accents & Cricut Elegant Cake Cartridge in The Robin's Nest Yellow Distressed paper. I then used The Robin's Nest Diamond Drops in Sunset to repeat the red in the title and the shape of the leaves in my frame.

The glittered leaves are The Robin's Nest Fallen Leaves Texture packet. The red oak leaf is a Sizzix die cut with The Robin's Nest Dark Distressed Red. I made the quilled flower with the Cuttlebug Chrysanthemum quilling folder and hot glued it to my cover.

Now, I moved to my inside dividers using more of the three Robin's Nest papers I used above. I added some labels to the divider pages from Anna Griffin Flora Collection Designer Journaling Tags and added titles using The Robin's Nest Glittered Alphabet Stickers. The rubon on the Sew Much More Page is The Robin's Nest Viva La France Rubon.










Supply List
























Sizzix Oak Leaf Die



Cricut Reminisce Accents Cartridge



Cricut Elegant Cake Cartridge



Anna Griffin Flora Collection Designer Journaling Tags



Cuttlebug Chrysanthemum Quilling Die



Micro Pom Pom Trim















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails