background

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wii Remote Treat Box to Share



Someone on the Cricut Message boards recently posted some adorable treat and cake boxes that were made with a new cartridge. Since the budget is tight
these days, it got me thinking...what could I make for my boys birthdays with cartridges I already have? How about a treat box that looks like a Wii remote? Above you can see my photos and you can find the Cricut DS file here. I would love your comments if you like this enough to download. And please, do not sell these items or my file. If you want to share the cut file, please refer your fellow Cricut lovers to my blog!
To cut this you will need George Basic Shapes and Lyrical Letters (for the plus sign), some Cricut Markers or Chomas Markers, glue, and ribbon. You will see a small line near the bottom of my box, this is not in the cut file. My machine is old and well loved and sometimes it drags my Chomas markers a bit. I was so excited to share the file, that I put it up with the
mark on the box!

Put your paper on the mat, load your markers and cut the Pen marking page first. Switch to the blade, DO NOT unload your mat, and cut the Layer 1 Page. I only added score marks on the final side as I think the flaps show you where to score and I am not fond of them. I added a bit of ribbon to look like the strap and called it done. I made it to scale, so you should be able to fill it with small candies, such as M & M's or candy corn. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. oh this is fantastic! Thank you somuch for sharing the cut file
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [25 Oct 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [26 Oct 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails