background

Friday, November 25, 2011

Giving Thanks!



Happy Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I love the good food and family and NO presents or pressure. I am always grateful for the many blessings I have, and love to share them with my loved ones. So, this page had to have lots of love in it!
The title is cut with The Robin's Nest Brown glittered cardstock, using my SCAL2 and a font called Edwardian Script ITC. It is too fine to cut it well, so you will need to use make a shadow of the actual font. I did this using the SCAL2 Style dialog box and changing the Appearance box to Shaddow Black Out Rounded. I love this tool, because it allows me to make a black out mat for any title or make a very fine font cuttable!
On the left page, I made a journaling box using The Robins Nest Glitter Gold Journaling and a hand embroidered felt mat. I found the idea of a blanket stitch with beading on Pinterest. Love to visit there daily for inspiration.

The Robin's Nest Turkey Paper is beautiful, but I am afraid of white space! So, I fussy cut a circle frame using a kitchen plate, and working around the turkey and the glitter swirl on the paper. This is a wonderful techinque to turn a paper with lots of white space into a custom die cut! Here's how I got the look: using a pencil, I traced a kitchen plate. I then used my grade school compass to make a second circle inside the plate circle. For both circles, I did NOT trace over the turkey or swirl images. I then fussy cut around the circle and the swirl using my scissors and Exacto knife.
I hand cutting the swirl pattern in The Robin's Nest brown glitter paper. I clipped into the bottom side and carefully worked it around the underside of my circle frame.

I punched some leaves using the Creative Memories leaf punch. I cut a photo mat with The Robin's Nest Brilliant Brown Glittered Chipboard. Since, it is difficult to adhere on top of glittered paper and chipboard, I punched the corners of my mat using the EK Success corner heart punch.

Supplies Used
The Robin's Nest Brown on Brown Rope Paper (background in circle detail & border around circle)
Jolee's Boutique Parcel Embellishments (Pinecones)
EK Success Heart Corner Punch
Creative Memories leaf punch
SCAL2 or other digital cutting software (Optional)
Hand crocheted flower
Vintage button



1 comment:

  1. This layout is just beautiful. I can't believe you hand cut some of your pieces. Thank you for sharing this page!

    Dana
    Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails