background

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Celebrating Hobbies & A Birthday with Moxie





When I saw the Basic Grey Weekly Challenge (back on Nov 18) to use punches, I knew what I wanted to do for my sister's birthday card! She is to quilting what I am to scrap booking: obsessed! I knew that this card would be perfect for the Moxie Fab World Celebrating Hobbies Challenge! We have both been in love with the Cathedral Window block since childhood and both the Basic Grey page and my card was inspired by a quilt block called Cathedral Window. But, I wanted to challenge my self to use the Cricut Craft Room software to make this card and NOT use punches!
So, to get this look:
1) Open and Create a new CCR file
2) Plug the Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridge on one side of the Imagine and the Audrey Imagine Cartridge on the other.
3) Create a circle using this image from Accent Essentials


4) Use the Hide Select Contour to hide the middle scallop shape
5) Copy the circle and paste two times. You will notice that the copies appear in the same line just below the orignal!
6) Now select the three circles and copy and paste two times. And YES, they line up just to the right to form the grid of 3 by 3!
7) Select and Copy all 9 circles
8) Paste them and move them to the right of the orignal 9. I adjusted these to fit an A2 card size.
9) Fill all the original 9 circles on the left with assorted black patterns from Audrey
10) Fill all the copied 9 circles on the right with assorted color patterns from Audrey
11) Save and PRINT ONLY these images!
12) Allow the Paper to dry completely and flip this over on the mat!
13) Edit the original circles using the Hide select contour to show the middle scallop and HIDE the outside circle.
14) Set the color to white on all the remaining scallop shapes
15) Save your file
16) Leaving your original paper that you printed before ON the mat, send the white scallop shapes in the PRINT & CUT mode to the Imagine. Since the Imagine assumes your paper is white it will only cut the center shape from the original black circles.
Now trim the paper to the A2 card size and you will have two of these cards! I added a bit of ribbon from Michaels and an SU buckle. I stamped the sentiment with CTMH celebrations set that matches Art Philosophy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to the Celebrating Hobbies Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails