background

Friday, June 22, 2012

All Good Things Tips

As I post my last project for the design team at The Robin's Nest, I thought it might be fun to share a few of my a favorite tips for getting the best results while paper crafting.
First, use beautiful products and paper.  I love the beautiful paper at The Robin's Nest!  Their elegant papers are perfect for Wedding season!
Second, don't forget the details.  Try fussy cutting pretty paper, making your own embellishments, inking the edges with distress inks, sewing on your projects, and doodling with glitter gel pens.  Here I fussy cut the Silver Paisley on Black Glitter paper to make the leaves and stems.  I also used a gel pen on my label to highlight the printed sentiment and the label border.  This was made with my Cricut Imagine, Martha Stewart Elegant Cakes and Elegant Edges and the Cricut Craft Room software.
Tie it together with repetition.  Most design theory recommends odd numbers, hence three flowers.  For this project, I used the circular swirl motif from the Cricut Paper Lace Cartridge to repeat the shapes and forms I found in The Robin's Nest Silver Paisley on Black paper.  I added the Bold Damask Decor stamp to my label to add that same shape and used the dew drops on my sentiment, my circular motif and the floral spray.  Silver was repeated in two papers and the dew drops.

And finally, add dimension:  To get dimension on this wedding card, I used the Black Glitter Rose paper to create a rolled rose.  If you use this technique you will find that the largest petals are in the center of the flower, so begin rolling your flower from the outside, and roll towards the inside.  Before gluing, gently roll the edges of the petals with the silver tipping back to highlight this detail.   I also added some of The Robin's Nest Dew Drops from the Black/White/Metallic Mix.  Dimension can be flatter than these rolled roses to fit in a scrap book, just achieve dimension on pages, with layered flat paper, inking your edges, and some pop dots, or low profile embellishments if you wish.

I would like to thank The Robin's Nest for having me on their design team for two terms!  I have really enjoyed working with all of the talented designers and look forward to seeing your new products and designers!


Supplies
The Robin's Nest Black Glitter on Card stock
The Robin's Nest Silver Paisley on Black 
The Robin's Nest Black/White/Metallic Mix Dew Drops
The Robin's Nest America Words (Wine Colored Card stock on back side)
Silver Card Stock
Black Card Stock
White Card Stock
Inkadinkadoo Bold Damask Stamps
Cricut Imagine
Cricut Martha Stewart Elegant Cakes (Sentiment)
Cricut Elegant Edges Label Shape
Cricut Paper Lace
Sakura Gell Roll Pen
Hot Glue gun
My Favorite Things Die-Namics Rolled Rose Die (Wine colored roses)

3 comments:

  1. Great tips, thanks for sharing.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Love that rose. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails