background

Saturday, April 27, 2013

For the Font Fanatic

This month The Robin's Nest is teaming up with Gel-a-tins.  I was sent an alphabet stamp set for my projects that I love, but what to do that was new?  I started thinking about all those alphabet paper laces that were so big a few years ago and one of my favorite design elements ever:  a circle.  So, I wondered how I could combine the two?  Moxie Fab World helped with the solution, with this weeks Tuesday Trigger:  Pretty Little Petit Fours.  Do you see the circle in the background (well it's really an oval but I love circles)?  
Here's my solution, and I have to say I am so pleased with the results!
Here is how I got this look:
1.  Cut a 7" circle in the middle of a white piece of card stock.  If you want a nice circular stamped image, this is key!  Ink the inside edge of circle with Versamark and use Teal You What embossing powder to emboss the circle.

2.  Layout a "test" version of your letter circle (see photo above).  I tried to vary the width of the letters around the circle.  So, this means you may need a wide letter on the sides and a high letter on the top, mixed with smaller letters in between.
3.  Once you are happy with the layout begin stamping your letters in Versa Mark ink.
4.  Use the Teal You What embossing powder and heat set.
5.  Fussy cut your letter circle using scissors and or Exacto Knife.
The chevron is a Close to My Heart Stamp.  The clock face is The Robin's Nest.  The label is cut with CCR basic shapes and the stickers are Basic Grey.  For black in the center of the flowers on the inspiration photo I wanted bling.  I combined Want2Scrap with Diamond Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest.

This months The Robin's Nest Sale:  Sorbet Paper Collection!
This months team up:  Gel-a-tins

Supplies
The Robin's Nest Shocking Pink Glitter Sorbet Card Stock
The Robin's Nest Classified Card Stock (Background)
The Robin's Nest Black and White Clock Cardstock
The Robin's Nest Obsidian Diamond Dew Drops
White Card Stock
gel-a-tins LOL Oversized Mix Stamp set
gel-a-tins Teal You What embossing powder
Versamark ink
Close To My Heart In the Background Flair Stamp Set (chevron)
Want2Scrap Black Bling Swirl
Cricut 
CCR

1 comment:

  1. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails