background

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Perfect Strawberry Box for Teacher

When I first saw the paper strawberry boxes, I knew this was going on my To Craft list!  And I am going to enter this in Moxie Fab World's Gift Packaging Challenge.  And I knew how I was going to make the strawberry seeds:  Art Glitter!  I used the Close to My Heart Cricut Artiste Cartridge to cut the boxes at 6".  I used the Art Glitter Metal Ultra Fine Tip and Dries Clear Adhesive to make my seeds.  The glitter is 207 Spring Creek Ultrafine Transparent.




I actually made the basket ages ago for a design team try out (maybe Pink Paisley?) and then did not have time to make enough projects for the application.  So, I pulled it back out and matched the my strawberries and leaves from my paper stash.  The handle has been embossed with a Swiss dot embossing folder from Provocraft.  The heart border is a Fiskars punch.  I tied my boxes closed with a ribbon and filled them with Lindor truffles.  I was running out of room in the basket, so I cut a few extra leaves and just wrapped them on the red truffles.
I can't let this year go by without a special something for my son's teachers.  After Sandyhook and the tornado in Oklahoma, it is important to let her know she is valued.  I do feel it is a bit like Mother's day though...how can we thank them enough?!  Well hopefully, a little homemade gift and some gift cards will help them to know they are valued!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Packaging Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails