background

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge Day 1: Thankful for my In Laws


In the past few years I have noticed that many people post what they're thankful for every day in November.  Since I am not on Facebook every day, I have forgotten to start on the first of November and post something every day.  This year I joined the 30 Day Gratitude Challenge Group on Facebook to hold myself accountable and share some of the many things I am thankful for.  
On my first day of the challenge, I wanted to share that I am so thankful for my In Laws:  Pat Camalliere and Christ Camalliere!  They are beyond generous to us and this past weekend really helped me out!  I was the volunteer coordinator for our town's local Music Booster Pumpkinfest Craft & Treasures market.  I have to recruit student and adult volunteers to work over 4 days.  The final day of the event also happens to be the same day as our local Pumpkinfest parade, reported to be the 3rd largest parade in the state of Illinois.  Since so many band students march in the parade, and all the locals entertain on this day, it is difficult to fill most of the volunteer shifts.  I knew this was an issue and asked my in laws to work a shift for me on Sunday.  They drove an hour there and back and worked for 2 hours at admissions.  Thanks so much Pat and Chris!


My photos for this post are for a pocket page I made for my Anna Griffin planner using my Cricut.  This page is perfect for any planner with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" page and is a bit longer so that it can be seen.  I left off the holes, so that others can customize it to their own planners binding.  You can find the file here.  I added a bit of sticky velcro to close this pocket page.  This pocket organizer was used to keep my volunteer project organized and contained donation checks, so I wanted to make sure it closed!

And be sure to check out my Mother In Laws blog, where she posts regularly about her mystery books and other interesting topics!  She has published two books, Mystery at Sag Bridge and Mystery at Black Partridge Woods and is currently writing her third.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails